Friday

Herbal Medicine - The Beginnings




1. Eat an Orange- they are good for you
2. Peel of the white stuff of the orange peel - who knew you could peel a peel
3. Curl them up- this is for ascetics only (how i saw loose leaf orange peel at Teavana
4. Place on rack and set temp to warm leaving the oven door open - cook 4 hours
5. Place in sealed container
6. Use for Herbal Tea or Potpourri!

I want an Herbal Medicine Cabinet!

Like every self respecting hippie, I have looked into herbal medicine, but hey there are other good reason to explore natural medicine: that horrible idea of universal health care. Pharmaceutical companies are shady. Doctors offices often make you sicker than you were before, and well the doctor is EXSPENSIVE.

Now when researching, I was a little disappointed. Because it wasn’t as glamorous as I wanted it to be. Herbal medicine is a slow soft road there are no quick fixes: for instance coffee is considered one of the most potent natural medicines! But the ‘Herbies’ do have one thing I noticed in common, they are very intentional about what they put in their mouth and that leads to a very holistic view of health, basically live right feel right.

So in my very very small step toward having an herbal medicine cabinet. I dried some orange peel. Woo hoo. A small step but it felt good!

"I'm going to bed, your orange peels are still in the oven and the door is open, (pause) you drive me nuts"

- Jesse




No comments:

Post a Comment