Saturday

Cool Season Crops and My Herb Garden

Cool season crops are planted in February and March, they can take the cold- I just planted a few because its my first year, and cool season crops in Georgia tend to ‘bolt’ in hot weather causing them to flower and turn bitter. My broccoli flowered a little, a little broccoli head is so cute, he deserves a plot on Vegetales!

Cute little baby onions


My Potatoes also sprouted


Here are the ones I decided to test: Broccoli, Cabbage, Lettuce, and Collards. Underground I have Garlic and Asparagus (These are Perennials).


Here is my herb garden thus far. I am having a hard time locating a few herbs I want like Chamomile and Yarrow. Here is my Lemon Balm, Catnip, Sage, Thyme, Parsley (curled and Italian) Cilantro, Rosemary, Lavender, Mint, Chives, Fennel, and Basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment