Friday

Craft Room: Make it. Don't Buy it.


I love making things. I don’t know if you could call my craftiness a gift or just or necessity being the mother of invention. I have peculiar taste, when I can’t find things or afford things: I make them. This is true of my wedding dress, costumes, bags, Easter dresses, pillows, crib bumpers, stuffed animals, and lots of stuff for Søren. It has helped with extra income as well (I make about 500/year on odd jobs, DYS also saves tons of money on baby/birthday/Christmas gifts!)

Here is my craft room. To all those lucky enough to designate a separate space to crafts: do it. Projects are messy and last weeks sometimes. It also helps to make things as organized as possible for people like me, I must be able to get to colors/fabric/markers quickly or I become frustrated. It also helps when you are constantly cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment