Sunday

Green House Manor


Jan 1, 2011. I wish I lived on a farm: sunshine, hard work and a life free from asphalt and air conditioners, problem is I live in the suburbs in south Atlanta on less than an acre.

I could complain about it, or I could defy culture (and some county zoning laws) and pretend I live on a farm anyway!

Now, I can’t rip up our driveway, and my husband is sort of attached to our air-conditioner. Since he works hard, I’m not going to fight that battle. Vaguely, I want my home to be old school, like when people would cook thier meals, grew thier food and economized as a way of life. That’s a hefty goal, especially since I am a full-time mom, a full time pastor’s wife, a part time 4-H teacher, balloon artist and seamstress. That’s 1 person = 3 ½ times. Oh yes and I have no money. So how will I begin? I’m glad you asked. I am going to plant a garden.

photo: our Green House. (and a cute kid i found at wallmart)

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome! :) I'm glad you blog, now I can stalk you! I have almost started a garden twice, however we move every year, and we always rent. Somehow those two things stop me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to plant a garden, but I'm not the least bit good at keeping things alive and wouldn't have a clue where to start. I think this is an awesome goal though!!!

    ReplyDelete